Parking should not commence until a valid permit is clearly displayed in the windscreen of visitor's vehicle. In the meantime, your visitor should find alternative parking. Your visitor will be liable for any Penalty Charges Notices (PCNs) they receive if they do not display a valid permit - even if you have applied for one.
Eligible residents can apply for a Visitor Voucher and Visitor Permits. Both permits will allow visitors to park near your home. Visitor vouchers and permits allow visitors to park in a permit holder only bay, or a shared use bay during controlled hours.
Please read before applying:
Vouchers and permits are only available to residents who live in a Resident Permit Area. Not all roads or properties are eligible for vouchers / permits.
- Vouchers and permits will be valid for a period of 12 months or until the permit holder ceases to be a resident of the property which the permit was issued to.
- The charges are non-refundable.
- Visitor vouchers / visitor permits can only be sent in the post.
- Please ensure that sufficient time is given to receive your vouchers / permit.
- Goods vehicles exceeding 1500 kg, business vans, lorries and buses are excluded from the scheme. Also, you cannot park trailers or caravans whether they are linked or stand alone in a Resident Permit Area. All vehicles must be able to fit into any markings of the bays or area.
- A permit / voucher will be issued according to the zone you live in.
- The granting of a permit does not guarantee that a space will be available. Parking is only allowed in the zone displayed on your permit. The permit only entitles your visitor to park in Resident Permit Holders Areas / Bays.
- It is an offence to alter a permit / voucher in any way. Notes on the dashboard cannot be accepted in lieu of a valid permit.
- Visitors are not allowed to park in a Suspended Parking Bay. This will result in enforcement action being taken.
- Permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle.
Visitor vouchers – Scratch card
- 2 hours - £1.00
- 6 hours - £2.00
- 24 hours - £4.00
The reduced rate of £0.50 per voucher only applies to residents of pensionable age (67) who are also in receipt of council tax support. Those over 67 and in receipt of council tax support will need to provide evidence.
- A minimum purchase per voucher is five and they must be in multiples of five (i.e. 5/10/15/20/25).
- Residents will be able to purchase sets of a maximum of 25 at a time (in total).
- Vouchers are sold subject to a fair use policy but there are no set limits.
Residents of zones A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L are not eligible for a Visitor Permit.
Maximum number of permits may differ from zone to zone.
- First Permit - £50.00
- Second Permit - £70.00
- Third permit - £100.00
Please ensure that you use the correct permit type (first permit, second permit, third permit) when applying, otherwise the application will be refused, and you would need to apply again. You would not be able to park without a valid permit.
A charge may be made for a duplicate permit if it is lost or stolen.
How to Apply
To apply you will need to complete our online application form.
When making your application you will need to have your credit/debit card ready and provide proof of residency, as listed below:
- Council tax bill.
- Property lease agreement.
- Tenancy agreement.
- Utility bill.
- Bank statement or credit card statement.
- Telephone bill.
These must all be dated within the last three months - except for the council tax bill which should be in the latest year.
Failure to provide the relevant documentation will mean the application will not be processed and the permit will not be issued. Your visitor will be liable for any PCN issued during this process.
We aim to process your application within 10 working days.