Now live: A new resident parking discount scheme, offering one hour’s free parking in six popular car parks, was approved by Cabinet on Thursday 16 December 2021. If you are a resident of the Royal Borough, you can apply for the virtual permits required, free-of-charge and use the virtual permit from Monday 4 April 2022.
Apply to join the scheme
You will first need to set up an online account with the RingGo cashless parking system. There is then a simple application process for your virtual permits to get the discounts in the car parks you wish to use. As the scheme is based on a virtual permit system, it is necessary to apply for each car parking zone you wish for the discount to be applied in.
The application only needs to be submitted once and will last for up to two years.
Get started in three simple steps
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions and watch the video to learn more about the scheme and applications process.
- Set up a free RingGo account (if you don’t already have one).
- Once you have a RingGo account, you can then apply for virtual permits via the RingGo Parking app at Google Play or the App Store for the car parks you’d like discounts.
Car parks that apply
Windsor and Maidenhead car parks have been grouped together to form one car park zone in each area.
- Datchet – Horton Road Zone 62402.
- Eton – Meadow Lane Zone 62403.
- Maidenhead – Grove Road and West Street (one application covers both car parks) Zone 62400.
- Windsor – Alexandra Gardens and Alma Road (one application covers both car parks) Zone 62401.
Please note that the resident parking discount zone is different to the standard zone for the car parks.
Need help to apply
We recognise that some users may need additional support in accessing the online system. Support will be provided to those who do not have online access to set up accounts. This support will be provided through any our library.
Please see further information on this scheme below on our FAQ page.