Electric cars and vans are a clean and efficient alternative to petrol and diesel powered vehicles and are an increasingly common sight on our roads.
Benefits of electric vehicles include:
- They do not emit any air pollutants that have a harmful effect on human health
- Owners do not pay Vehicle Excise Duty or the London Congestion Charge.
- They have significantly lower fuel costs than equivalent petrol or diesel models.
- They have sufficient range for everyday travel.
The UK Government offers:
- Plug-in Car Grant of 25% (up to £5,000) off the cost of a car
- Plug-in Van Grant of up to 20% (up to £8,000) off the cost of a van
A list of the electric cars and vans that are available in the UK and eligible for the plug-in car and van grants is available on the Go Ultra Low website.