Pay for school transport

Table of Contents

The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school transport service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.

If you are unsure if your child may be entitled to home to school transport assistance, or which application form to use, please use our Application and Eligibility Checker, which will give you an indication if they may be entitled to assistance, and direct you to the correct application form to use.

The School Transport Team is now operating a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in our published policies and question and answer sheet.

Please Note - before submitting an application for a fare paying seat on one of our bus routes please email to check if there is available space or check the 'Available Routes' web page.

If a student is not entitled to free home to school transport, you may still be able to buy a pass on one of our home to school services if spare places are available.

Please Note - applications received after Saturday 1 August may not be processed before the start of the new academic year in September.

  • We offer annual or termly payment options; if you pay termly you will need to make a new application each term to receive a new pass,
  • The student does not have to live in the borough,
  • You are not able to purchase passes on registered public bus or rail services from the council, we can only offer passes on services we have organised,
  • Public transport may be an option for travel to school. See the Traveline South East website for further information,
  • To purchase a pass for a public bus service you will need to approach the operator directly. Thames Valley BusesFirst Buses and White Bus Services,
  • To purchase a pass for rail services you will need to approach the operator directly. Great Western Rail or South West Trains, depending upon where in the borough you live.