The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
The Admissions Team operates a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in the Admission into Primary School September 2022 guide.
September 2022 Entry
Primary School Admissions covers those pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - Born between 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2018.
- Junior school at the beginning of Year 3 - Born between 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2015.
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child's entry. Full details are published in the online Admission into Primary School September 2022 guide.
- Opening date - Thursday 11 November 2021.
- Closing date - Saturday 15 January 2022.
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Monday 31 January 2022.
- National Offer Date - Tuesday 19 April 2022.
- Processing of late applications begins - Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Deadline to respond to a school place offer - Tuesday 3 May 2022.
- Deadline to submit late application to be considered during second round of allocations - Tuesday 3 May 2022.
- Deadline for lodging appeals for the main round of appeals to be heard in the summer term - Monday 16 May 2022.
- Offers to late applicants and allocations from waiting lists for all applicants - From Monday 23 May 2022.
Respond to Your School Place Offer
The deadline to respond to a school place offer was Tuesday 3 May 2022.
The online portal is no longer available to respond to an offer. If you have not been offered a named school and you would like to be considered for other options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not responded to your school place offer, please complete the response form below as soon as possible.
Offers are made on the basis of the information supplied on the application form. Fraudulent or misleading applications may lead to the subsequent withdrawal of an offer.
Waiting List Guidelines and Change of Preferences
Further offers will be made to applicants from waiting lists as places become available from Monday 23 May 2022. Waiting list positions will also be available from this date. Please do not contact the Admissions team or schools for waiting list information before this date as it will not be available. We are unable to take waiting list position requests by phone. If you would like to find out your child's waiting list position please email your request to email@example.com.
Your child will automatically be placed on waiting lists for any higher preferred schools they were not offered. If we are able to offer your child a place from the waiting list, the existing offer will automatically be taken away. Let us know in writing, as soon as possible if you are happy with the offer you have received and no longer wish for your child to be considered for any other schools.
Requests for your child to be added to lower preferred schools i.e. schools ranked below the school which has been offered, are invalid and will not be considered. Instead, you must submit a request for a late change of preference by completing the following form:
Alternatively, you can submit your request in writing by post or by sending an email to the School Admissions team.
Your request will be processed during the second round of allocations in May. We will not accept a request to change your preference order over the telephone.
Waiting lists are ranked by the school's over-subscription criteria not by the date your child's name was added to the waiting list. Positions may go up or down as names are added and removed from the list.
If you have applied for a school place outside the borough, please contact the appropriate admitting authority for their waiting list rules.
Schools We Maintain Waiting Lists for
The admissions team will manage waiting lists for all community and voluntary controlled schools as the admitting authority for these schools and up until 31 August 2022, we will also manage the waiting lists for the following own admission authority schools:
- Braywick Court School
- Dedworth Green First School
- Eton Porny CofE First School
The following schools maintain their own waiting lists and must be contacted directly:
- Bisham CE Primary School - 01628 482910
- Braywick Court Free School - 01628 782562
- Cheapside CE Primary School - 01344 621112
- Clewer Green CE School - 01753 864544
- Cookham Dean CE Primary School - 01628 482734
- Datchet St. Marys CE Primary School - 01753 542982
- Holy Trinity CE Primary School (Sunningdale) - 01344 620716
- Holyport CE Primary School - 01628 627743
- Knowl Hill CE Primary School - 01628 822584
- Lowbrook Academy - 01628 671355
- St. Edmund Campion Catholic Primary School - 01628 620183
- St. Edwards First School - 01753 860607
- St. Francis Catholic Primary School - 01344 622840
- St. Mary's Catholic Primary School - 01628 622570
- St. Michaels CE Primary School - 01344 622962
- The Royal School - 01784 434274
- Trinity St. Stephen CE First School - 01753 862540
- White Waltham CE Primary School - 01628 822533
The Admissions team do not have any information relating to waiting lists for the above schools.
Note: Schools may not be available to answer calls during half term breaks and public holidays. The admissions team do not have any information relating to waiting lists for the above schools.
You will have the right of appeal if your child has not been offered one or more preferred schools named on your application. The closing date for the submission of appeals to be heard in the first round is Monday 16 May 2022. If your appeal is submitted after this date, it will still be heard, however, not within the first round of appeals in the summer term. Please visit the Democratic Services School Admission Appeals Webpage for more information.
Applications for a school place must be made through your home local authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2022 guide. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
Please note in August 2021, the Office of Schools Adjudicator agreed to a variation to the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead 2021/22 Admission Arrangements which reduced the published admission number for Kings Court First school from 45 to 30 from September 2021.
The Citizens Portal online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications. You can access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application if you made an on-time application online.
Late applications, eg. those submitted after the closing date (Saturday 15 January 2022) will be considered during the second round of allocations, and decision letters will be sent from Monday 23 May 2022.
Please complete the relevant form below to make a late application:
Home to school transport support
The Home to School Transport policy and information on how to apply.
Details about how places have been allocated over the previous three years have been published below: