The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
The Admissions Team operates a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in the Admission into Primary School September 2021 guide.
September 2021 Entry
Primary School Admissions covers those pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - Born between 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2017
- Junior school at the beginning of Year 3 - Born between 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2014
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay or defer your child's entry. Full details are published in the online Admission into Primary School September 2021 guide.
- Opening date - Wednesday 11 November 2020
- Closing date - Friday 15 January 2021
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Friday 29 January 2021
- National Offer Date - Friday 16 April 2021
- Processing of late applications begins - Monday 19 April 2021
- Deadline to respond to a school place offer - Friday 30 April 2021
- Offers to late applicants and allocations from waiting lists for all applicants - From Monday 24 May 2021
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process. Full details of the admissions process can be found in the online Admission into Primary School September 2021 guide. Please take the time to read this guide before applying.
The Citizens Portal online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications. You can access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application if you made an on-time application online.
Applications submitted after the closing date will be considered during the second round of allocations and decision letters will be sent from Monday 24 May 2021.
Please complete the relevant form below to make a late application:
Home to school transport support
The Home to School Transport policy and information on how to apply.
Details about how places have been allocated over the previous three years have been published below: