The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
The Admissions Team operates a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in the Admission into Primary School September 2022 guide. The guide will be published on this website by Friday 17 September 2021.
September 2022 Entry
Primary School Admissions covers those pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - Born between 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2018.
- Junior school at the beginning of Year 3 - Born between 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2015.
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child's entry. Full details are published in the online Admission into Primary School September 2022 guide.
- Opening date - Thursday 11 November 2021.
- Closing date - Saturday 15 January 2022.
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Monday 31 January 2022.
- National Offer Date - Tuesday 19 April 2022.
- Processing of late applications begins - Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Deadline to respond to a school place offer - Tuesday 3 May 2022.
- Offers to late applicants and allocations from waiting lists for all applicants - From Monday 23 May 2022.
Home to school transport support
The Home to School Transport policy and information on how to apply.
Details about how places have been allocated over the previous three years have been published below: