Your appeal should be lodged as soon as possible after receiving your refusal letter. Appeals are heard throughout the year.
The deadlines for lodging appeals for the main round of appeals to be heard in the summer, for entry into schools in September 2022, are as follows:
- Secondary appeals - Monday 28 March 2022
- Primary appeals - Monday 16 May 2022
Forms for the main round of appeals received after these dates will be accepted, but there may be some delay in the hearing of such appeals.
Please ensure you have:
- any supporting documentation ready to upload, eg. proof of residency, if moving house is the reason for your appeal,
- a copy of your refusal letter,
- supporting documentation if appealing on medical, social or welfare grounds,
- prepared a statement outlining your reasons you wish your child to attend your preferred school and the grounds for your appeal.