The pre-application process will be of particular importance to householders who are looking to undertake work to a dwellinghouse. Such work might include residential extensions, garages or outbuildings, fences or walls, dormers or roof alterations etc.
Please Note: Replacement or single new dwellings are not covered by this service. Additional fees apply if advice is required on listed buildings/heritage assets and advice is sought on this matter.
Level 1 – In principle householder pre-application advice service
Desk based assessment by Planning Officer. This will advise whether planning permission is required and if so whether the proposal is likely to be acceptable in principle and what the relevant Policy considerations are likely to be.
Level 2 - Householder pre-application advice service
This will advise whether or not planning permission is required and if so whether the proposal is likely to be acceptable - includes a site visit and, where applicable, any comments made by internal consultees, where they have been consulted at the discretion of the case officer, based on the information that you have included with the original submission.
Meetings relating to householder advice given:
Request for a follow up meeting up to 1 hour in length (one Planning Officer).
Householder fees and charges
- Level 1 In principle householder pre-app : £127
- Level 2 Householder pre-app : £169
- Follow up meeting with planning officer : £91
- Attendance of other officers at meetings : See chargeable rates
All pre-application fees and charges include 20% VAT
Target timeframes for response
- Level 1 In principle advice for householder proposals : 20 working days
- Level 2 Householder pre-application advice service (includes a site visit by officer) : 25 working days