Register for a self-build or custom build home
A self-build is where individuals or groups are involved in creating their own home. Visit the Self Build Portal website to find out more.
The self-build and custom build register is a scheme for us to help identify people wanting to build or commission their own home in the area.
We're creating a register of people interested in self-build and custom build projects in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
This will help us to assess the demand for self and custom build and allow us to develop housing and planning policies.
Eligibility to go on the self-build register
Each individual applicant and every member of an association that applies for entry on the register must be:
- Aged 18 or older.
- A British citizen, a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland.
- Seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land in the authority’s area to build a house to occupy as that individual’s sole or main residence.
Register your interest
To register your interest in building your own home in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, complete the form below:
Registration does not guarantee that a suitable plot will be identified or become available.
We will not pass identifiable information from the register onto anyone without your consent.
- The National Self Build & Renovation Centre (NSBRC) website
- NaCSBA self-build portal
- Build It website
- Government Self-build and custom housebuilding webpage
Find out more about self build
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org