Library online resources
Library members have access to these resources free of charge - join online.
- Ancestry - Family history. (Available on library computers only).
- Thames Pilot - History of the River Thames.
- Times Digital Archive - 1785-2019.
- Who's Who and Who Was Who - Short biographies past and present.
- Windsor & Royal Borough Museum collection - view the museum's online collection.
- The 1911 Census
- Berkshire Family History Society
- Berkshire Record Office
- British History Online - Collection of nearly 1300 volumes of primary and secondary content relating to British and Irish history.
- British Library website
- Commonwealth War Graves - Database of the 1.7 million men and women of the Commonwealth who died during the two world wars.
- Familysearch(IGI) - World genealogical data, including the 1881 British Census and parish registers.
- FreeBMD - Civil registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales, 1837-1919 and beyond.
- FreeCEN - 19th century UK census returns.
- FreeREG - Transcriptions from many UK parish and non-conformist registers.
- GENUKI - Genealogical information pages for the British Isles.
- Historical Directories - Local and trade directories for England and Wales, 1750 - 1919.
- Maidenhead Heritage Centre - Explore the history of Maidenhead.
- National Archives - The National Archives is the UK government's official archive, containing over 1,000 years of history.
- National Library of Scotland online maps - High-resolution, zoomable maps covering the whole of the UK, including Ordnance Survey maps.
- Windsor & Royal Borough Museum - The webpages for the Royal Borough's own museum, based at the Guildhall in Windsor.