For residents with disabilities, hidden or otherwise.
The Accessibility card scheme has been designed to offer a little extra assistance for library users who may have some extra challenges to contend with; we are pleased to say that this now includes our Ukrainian guests. These libraries are open exclusively to Accessibility card holders and their companions only at those times; offering a quieter environment.
Exclusive access to Accessibility mornings at Maidenhead library and Windsor library.
- A quiet environment to browse books.
- Six week loans with no overdue charge.
- Free audio books.
- Free computer access, help with council services and free printing (up to 20 double sided pages).
- Staff assistance with setting up personal devices for access to our large and comprehensive collection of online resources.
- At Windsor library we are also offering IT and Digital help by appointment. Phone, email or visit us for further information - see below.
- 20% off at Rio Deli Cafe at Maidenhead during Accessibility mornings.
Accessibility times are:
Maidenhead library - Thursdays, 9.30am - 11am and Windsor library - Wednesdays, midday - 1.30pm.
We also have:
- Large print and audio books.
- Books to share and reminiscence boxes to help stimulate memories.
- Audio daily newspapers with Pressreader on our public computers and to download on your own device.
- Dyslexic font function on Libby by Overdrive on our public computers and to download on your own device.
- Accessibility software on public computers.
- Disabled toilets.
- Home Library Service.
- Computers suitable for wheelchair users.
- Access to books and online resources with information about disabilities and mental health.
If you are already a library user, you simply need to ask for your card to be changed to an Accessibility card. If you are new to using the library, you just need to join stating that you wish to become part of the scheme.
To join the library please bring ID that shows your current address.
For further information please contact Maidenhead library at email@example.com or call 01628 796969, or Windsor library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01753 743940.