For residents with disabilities, hidden or otherwise.
The Accessibility card scheme has been designed to offer a little extra assistance for library users who may have some extra challenges to contend with.
As well as all the resources our traditional Royal Borough library card gives residents, Accessibility card holders can also benefit from:
- Six week loans instead of three.
- No overdue charges for late returns.
- Free printing (up to 20 double sided pages).
- Free audio books.
- Exclusive access to Accessibility mornings at Maidenhead library and Windsor library.
- 20% off at Rio Deli Cafe during Accessibility mornings.
Maidenhead library opens for Accessibility mornings every Thursday from 9.30am - 11am. Windsor Library opens for Accessibility mornings every Wednesday from midday - 1.30pm. These libraries are open exclusively to Accessibility card holders and their companions only at those times.
Card holders can take advantage of:
- A quiet environment to browse books.
- Free computer access and help with council services.
- Staff assistance with setting up personal devices for access to our large and comprehensive collection of online resources.
- At Windsor library we are also offering IT and Digital help by appointment. Phone, email or visit us for further information - see below.
We also have:
- Large print and audio books.
- Books to share and reminiscence boxes to help stimulate memories.
- Audio daily newspapers with Pressreader on our public computers and to download on your own device.
- Dyslexic font function on Libby by Overdrive on our public computers and to download on your own device.
- Accessibility software on public computers.
- Disabled toilets.
- Home Library Service.
- Computers suitable for wheelchair users.
- Access to books and online resources with information about disabilities and mental health.
If you are already a library user, you simply need to ask for your card to be changed to an Accessibility card. If you are new to using the library, you just need to join stating that you wish to become part of the scheme.
To join the library please bring ID that shows your current address.