The Royal Borough is keen to develop and promote a film friendly environment and has established a film partnership through which all identified parties have signed up to a shared code of practice aimed at:
- Promoting the borough as a 'film friendly' ideal location for film-makers
- Co-ordinating film location activity
- Ensuring film activity is carried out safely and with the minimum disruption to local residents and businesses
- Providing location managers and film-makers with one-stop initial contact service to make their lives easier
- Enabling information sharing across all partners
- Creating additional income for the borough and its partners
- Supporting the local economy
- Attracting visitors to the Royal Borough.
A code of practice has been developed that enables the borough to be promoted as 'film friendly' and encourage filming in the area, whilst ensuring that there are strict procedures to protect amenities and quality of life for local residents and businesses.
If you would like to film in and around the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, please read our frequently asked questions before completing our online filming request form below.
Royal Borough Film Office and Creative England
Creative England is the national not-for-profit company that specialises in locations, studios, facilities and crew and delivers a free and comprehensive support service for production shooting outside of London. The Royal Borough is a member of Creative England's film friendly partnership network, welcoming filming to the Royal Borough and ensuring co-operation and commitment to assist production.
An online photo catalogue is being developed for film-makers to use when searching for locations in the borough and we would like to invite both residents and film-makers to email firstname.lastname@example.org any suitable photos they have taken along with the address of the site which showcase idyllic filming locations within the borough.
Alternatively, Creative England's database is also populated with local facilities and crew. Registration is free, so whether you are:
- an experienced professional or new entrant
- an established business or start-up company
- Please register on the database so productions filming in the region can find you.
Parking dispensation for filming purposes
If you require any parking dispensation you will need to complete our parking dispensation online form. Please note this form is handled separately by our parking department and not the film unit and may incur additional charges.
Request for temporary traffic temporary traffic management
If you require temporary traffic management you will need to complete a request for temporary traffic measurements application form. Please note this form is handled separately by our highways and transport commissioning team and not the film unit and may incur additional charges.