Residents of the Borough can visit the Stafferton Way Household Waste and Recycling Site on any day.
The site is open from 8am-4.30pm (last entry is 4.15pm), Monday to Sunday.
Social distancing measures are still in place and must be followed.
- The health of residents and staff is always the highest priority, so please only make a trip if you are unable to store your additional waste at home.
- You will be expected to observe the social distancing measures.
In the event that the queues are too large, the site may have to close temporarily to deal with the demand.
Things to remember when visiting the Stafferton Way site:
- Staff are unable to help you move waste from your vehicle.
- There will be limits to the number of vehicles allowed on site to allow for social distancing. There may be delays accessing the site and possible queues of waiting vehicles.
- In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are vulnerable, or who are showing symptoms which may indicate coronavirus, should not visit household recycling centres.
- We are now accepting the full range of materials including asbestos, plasterboard, rubble and white goods on site.
We are now able to accept vans and trailers on site. Please note there is a height restriction barrier which operates at 2.1m or 6'9''.
- Every time you visit with a van or commercial-type vehicle to dispose of your own household waste and recycling at the Stafferton Way site, will need to apply for a permit below.
- In addition trailers are admitted to the site but as large vehicles are unable to manoeuvre safely on site and can block access for other users, the maximum size of trailer permitted is 2m x 1.3m wide. The maximum length for vans and cars with trailers is 5.56m.
Please place your Advantage Card and driving licence or another proof of address on your dashboard for crews to see.
Royal Borough residents can also use Chalvey HWRC. Please check details about the use of this site on the Slough Council website before visiting, as this service is offered by a neighbouring authority and new restrictions may be introduced at short notice.