You can now recycle old clothes and textiles with your weekly collection service. The items we collect include:
- Old, worn clothing,
- Socks and tights,
- Shoes (paired),
- Unwanted handbags,
- Bedding, blankets.
We cannot collect duvets and pillows.
To use this weekly service:
- Place your clean, dry clothes and textiles in your pink bag,
- If you don't have your pink bag, you can use any plastic bag. Label or write on the bag 'Textiles',
- Place the bag next to your bins on collection day (don't place the bag in your recycling bin),
- We can only collect one bag from each house (we cannot collect textiles from blocks of flats).
Textiles are collected along with your rubbish bin, they are placed in cages under the vehicle and kept separate from your rubbish.
Alternatively, old clothes and textiles can be recycled in a number of ways.
- Clothes in a good condition can be donated to charity,
- You could use a clothes / textiles recycling bank.