I am writing on Tuesday 5 January 2021 to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible.
The request is specific to your council and concerns penalties issued to motorists in Low Traffic Neighbourhoods.
My questions are as follows - please note both sections may apply to your council:
Section a: if your council has active LTNs
1. Does your council issue penalties to motorists who breach Low Traffic Neighborhood (LTN) rules?
2. How many fines have been issued between May 2020 and present for breaches of LTN rules?
3. What is the financial value of fines issued as a result of these penalties between May 2020 and present?
Section b: if your council has planned LTNs that are not yet active
1. If your council has yet to implement an LTN, will it issue penalties to motorists breaching LTN rules once any planned scheme(s) is in place?
2. If your council has yet to implement an LTN, has it predicted how many penalties will be issued to motorists as a result of them breaching LTN rules? If so, how many penalties are expected to be issued over a specific period (EG a year, or whatever timeframe your modelling is based on)?
3.If your council will issue penalties to motorists for breaching LTN rules, has your council projected the financial value of these penalties? Please state your estimate over a specific period (EG a year, or whatever timeframe your modelling is based on).