Royal Borough publication scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FoIA) gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities, including the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead. Section 19 of the FoIA requires the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead to produce a publication scheme. This publication scheme has been prepared in accordance with the Information Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme guidance. It is valid until further notice.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is committed to make information available to the public as part of our normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by us.
The scheme commits us:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by us and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which we hold and which falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information we make available under the scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees we charge for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.