Who we are
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Telephone: (01628) 683800
Lawful basis for processing the information
- Public Health Act 1936.
- Prevention of Damage by Pest Act 1949.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1997.
- The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Byelaws relating to Good Rule and Government.
- Control of Pollution Act 1974.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 1987.
- Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Clean Air Act 1993.
- Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993.
- Environment Act 1995.
- Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- Noise Act 1996.
- Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.
General Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1)(a) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
How we collect information
- Contacts to the Customer Service Centre (CSC).
- Direct contact to us (telephone, online, email, letter and face to face).
- Direct contact to you (telephone, email, letter and face to face).
- Drop in sessions.
- Calls to the out of hours service contractor Inside Housing Solutions.
- Calls to the dog warden service run by SDK.
- Referrals from other Royal Borough Departments or contractors including Afc, Optalis, ISS, Volker highways and Ubaser.
- Referrals from partner organisation’s including Thames Valley Police, Housing Associations, Environment Agency utility companies and other local authorities.
- Sound recordings.
- Interviews such as for a criminal investigation.
Categories of information collected
- Name, address. email, telephone numbers.
- Details of the problems / complaint that you report.
- Details of reports / complaints that are made about you.
- You may tell us about any illness you may have relevant to your complaint.
- When and where you were at a certain time (such when we witness an offence).
- Sound that you make that can be heard in neighbouring properties.
How we use the information provided:
We use the information to provide the service that you have requested. We use the information to contact you about complaints that have you have made or have been made about you. We use the information to determine if an offence has or has not been committed.
Who has access to the information about you
The information is stored on the Royal Boroughs Uniform computer system that is available to officers in the Community and Environmental Protection (CEP) and Planning Services.
Who we may share your information with
We may depending on the nature of the processing required share your information with any of the following partner organisations and Royal Borough departments:
Housing Associations – Radian, One Housing, Housing Solutions
Thames Valley Police
Inside Housing Solutions (IHS) – external Out of Hours Service
SDK– pest control service
How long we store your information
Records are kept on the Uniform computer system indefinitely. Hard copy files are destroyed after four years. Sound recordings are kept until a case is concluded.
Does your service utilise automate decision making? – No