Privacy notice : Children claiming Early Education Funding (EEF)

Who we are

Early Years and Childcare Service
Achieving for Children
Providing children’s services for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM),
Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF
Phone: 01628 796903

Lawful basis for processing the information

The lawful basis for processing is Article 6 GDPR:
e) Our legal bases for using your personal information are to exercise our tasks in the public interest

Provision for us to process this data is provided for in the: 

Childcare Act 2006.
Childcare Act 2016.
Local Authority, (Duty to Secure Early Years Provision Free of Charge) Regulations 2014.
Childcare (Early Years Provision Free of Charge)(Extended Entitlement)Regulations 2016.

How we collect information

We collect information about parents and their child/children from RBWM early years childcare providers. We also collect information from Foster Parents.

What information is collected

The information includes details about the parent(s)/foster parent(s) and their child/children including name, address, contact details, ethnicity, date of birth, national insurance number, hours the child attends and hours funded, 30 hour code (if applicable), and information relating to income and benefits/allowances (if applicable) received.

How we use the information provided

The information collected is used by us to calculate and pay Royal Borough early years providers the funding (EEF) the child/children is/are entitled to.

Who has access to the information

The information is held securely by the Early Years and Childcare Service.

Who we may share the information with

We share information with the Department of Education. If the child/children attend more than one childcare provider we may also share information with each provider and if the child attends a childcare provider in another Local Authority we may need to share information with that Local Authority.

How long we store the information

Records are kept for seven years.

Your rights

If you have any questions or are unhappy about something, please contact us at You have a right to complain to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) if you think there is a problem with the way the data is handled.