Community Governance Reviews cover the following topics:
- Creating, merging, altering or removing parishes;
- The naming of parishes and the style of new parishes;
- The electoral arrangements for parishes (creating a council, the number of councillors to be elected to a council, and parish warding);
- Consequential matters (the knock-on effects on borough wards, dealing with fixed and monetary assets, resolving issues relating to employees of the existing parishes, and setting a precept for a new parish).
To initiate a review the council would need to receive a valid petition which calls for considerations to be made to a parish area. The petition has to be signed by a specific number of electors within the area being considered for the review. A review can also be started where the council decides to undertake one without needing to receive a petition. Community Governance Reviews are undertaken in accordance with the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007.
Windsor Town Council
At a meeting of Full Council on Tuesday 28 July 2020, the Royal Borough committed to undertake a community governance review examining the issue of whether a new town council for the currently unparished parts of Windsor should be formed.
The Terms of Reference outlined how the review would be run and how electors could contribute to the decision-making process.
The timetable for the review was:
|Publication of the Terms of Reference||28 July 2020||-|
|Consultation 1 on Terms of Reference||28 July - 28 October 2020||3 Months|
|Initial meeting(s) of the CGRWG||July/August 2020||As required|
|CGRWG consideration of representations received||28 October 2020 - 26 January 2021||3 Months|
- Stage 1 Consultation took place between July - 28 October 2020
- Stage 2 consultation took place between March - 2 June 2021
On Tuesday 2 March 2021, Full Council approved its Draft Recommendations for stage 2 of the review.
The details of the Draft Recommendations can be viewed below.
The Stage 2 consultation on the Draft Recommendations ran until Wednesday 2 June 2021. It is now closed.
|Publication of the Draft Recommendations||3 March 2021||-|
|Consultation 2 on Draft Recommendations||3 March - 2 June 2021||3 Months|
|CGRWG consideration of representations received||3 March - 30 June 2021||3 Months|
The Final Recommendations were considered for adoption by Full Council on Tuesday 20 July 2021. The decision was taken not to establish a Windsor Town Council. Please see the decision notice for further details.
If you would like to access any of the documents previously published from the review, then please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.