The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine is being delivered by the local NHS. The council is not responsible for running the vaccination programme, although we are offering support in any practical way we can. For more information about the local vaccine programme visit Frimley Health Care.
Vaccine data is publicly available on a local and national level on the NHS website.
You can also find more information about COVID-19 vaccinations on the Berkshire Public Health website.
Who can get the COVID-19 vaccine?
Everyone aged over 12 can now have the vaccine.
The NHS also has walk-in vaccine clinics – no appointment needed. Walk-in vaccination clinics Frimley Health and Care.
More information is available on the NHS website.
How you can help
During the vaccine rollout, we all have an important part to play:
- Please only contact the NHS when your age is listed the NHS website as being invited to book for your vaccine. You can book your slot on the NHS website, or by calling 119.
- Please attend your booked appointments.
- Please continue to follow all the guidance to control the spread of the virus and save lives.
The vaccine is only available through the NHS and it is free of charge - at no point will you be asked to pay:
- The NHS will never ask you for your bank account or card details.
- The NHS will never ask you for your PIN or banking password.
- The NHS will never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine.
- The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills or pay slips.
If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up. If you are suspicious about an email you have received, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suspicious text messages should be forwarded to the number 7726 which is free of charge.
If you believe you are the victim of a fraud, please report this to Action Fraud as soon as possible by calling 0300 123 2040 or visiting the Action Fraud website.
- Public Health England’s Easy-to-read guide to the COVID-19 vaccination (PDF document).
- The COVID-19 vaccination guide for older adults in English and a range of other languages on the Gov.uk website.
- The COVID-19 vaccination guide for social care staff on the Gov.uk website.
- Read about what to expect after the COVID-19 vaccination on the Gov.uk website.
- The COVID-19 vaccination guide for women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding on the Gov.uk website.