Other points to consider

Table of Contents

  • If your plans involve fireworks, paid catering or if amplified music is one of the main purposes of the event, you will need to talk to an environmental health officer on 01628 683820 or email env.health@rbwm.gov.uk.
  • It is sensible to have contingency plans in place in case of accidents, medical emergencies, fire etc. These should be covered by your risk assessment document. There is also guidance on the Health & Safety Executive website.
  • If you intend to sell alcohol or to have large scale entertainment, you will need a public entertainment licence. Our licensing team will be happy to provide advice, so give them a call on 01628 683840 or email Licensing.Dept@RBWM.gov.uk.
  • Large Scale Events should be notified to the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) so we have a central list and can make sure there’s nothing going on that would give cause for concern. 

Food safety

Food supplied, sold, or provided at charity or community events, such as street parties, school fêtes or fundraisers, must comply with food law and be safe to eat.

Further information can be found on the Food Standards Agency (FSA) website.

Cleaning up

We’ve put together some tips on how to make your street party sustainable. By following these tips, you’ll also be minimising the clean-up at the end!

  • Bring your own tableware, avoiding single use items where you can.
  • Tablecloths and sheets can be reused, avoid paper or plastic options, and save money.
  • Purchase your produce from local suppliers and support your neighbours.
  • Replace paper invites with digital invites
  • Bring re-useable containers to take-home left-over food and drink.
  • Provide plant-based options to reduce the carbon footprint on your plate.
  • Choose biodegradable and recyclable decorations, don’t let them end up in the landfill.

Should you have any further queries on the environmental impact of your street party, please email the sustainability team at sustainability@RBWM.gov.uk.

Licensing : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Licensing Section - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF