Get support with housing costs

If you pay rent and/or council tax for your home and you live on a low income, you may be eligible for some help by claiming benefit.

Housing Benefit

Decorative image onlyYou may be entitled to help toward paying rent for your home. Most working age people now need to apply for Universal Credit for help with their rental costs, but in some cases, you can claim Housing Benefit if you have been placed into temporary accommodation.
Please visit our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support webpage for more information.

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

Discretionary Housing Payments are intended to provide short-term financial assistance and are available to existing Housing Benefit claimants or those receiving the housing cost element of Universal Credit.

Support offered to tenants of Housing Associations


If you’re an Abri customer and need tenancy support or further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch on 0300 123 1 567 or visit Abri’s Customer Support webpage

Housing Solutions

If you are a Housing Solutions resident and having trouble paying your rent or would like to discuss how to reduce your arrears, you can contact their Income Team via

Please visit Housing Solution’s Rent webpage for further information.

Other social housing providers

There are several other social housing providers in the borough including:

  • One Housing,
  • Anchor,
  • Pavilion,
  • A2 Dominion, and
  • Metropolitan Thames Valley.

If you are a resident of one of these, and struggling, please contact your own provider to see how they may be able to help.