Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190);
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit;
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
For more details on free school meals please speak with your child’s school direct who will be able to help as each school manage their own arrangements.