Ceremonies - Coronavirus information
Face coverings will be required in places of worship. This applies to guests at weddings and civil partnership ceremonies including those taking place in register offices or other approved venues. Face coverings will not have to be worn by the bride, groom or civil partners.
Full guidance can be found on : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/31-july-announcement
As per the latest Government announcement, from Monday 28 September 2020 a maximum of 15 people are allowed to attend a wedding/civil partnership ceremony. This number includes the parties being married plus guests. Registrars and anyone else working at the ceremony do not count in this number.
Your venue will advise you how many guests can be accommodated in their ceremony room with social distancing.
For Maidenhead Ceremony Room weddings, we have room for six guests (five, if you are using a photographer) due to social distancing rules.
You can postpone your existing ceremony booking with us for up to one year from the date of the original ceremony. If you have a new date arranged with your venue, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can confirm the re-booking. We will reply as soon as possible.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you are postponing your current date, even if you don’t have a new one yet, and let us know of any intended changes as soon as you can.
If you would like to make a new booking for a ceremony within the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, please complete this online form. We will check availability, call you to confirm and take full payment by debit/credit card over the phone. Please see our fees page for further information.
Please note: we can now take bookings for weddings up to the end of March 2022.
If you want to book a ceremony at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room, then the fixed times when ceremonies can take place are as follows:
- Monday- Friday 10.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 3.30pm,
- Saturday 10am, 11am, 12pm.
- Saturday afternoon and Sundays – available by individual request and enhanced fees.
Notices of marriage/civil partnership
We are now partially open for appointments to give notice of marriage/civil partnership.
Please read the following information fully so that you understand what is required when contacting us:
- Is your wedding/civil partnership is due to take place within the next 6-8 weeks only?
- Do you pay your council tax to The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead at your home address (you will need to check this yourselves)?
- Do you need an appointment to give notice?
If yes, to all three, please email: email@example.com with the following details.
- In the subject line please put: your names, date, place and time of marriage and a daytime telephone number.
- Please put ‘appointment to give notice’ in the body of the email.
We will then reply to your email asking for further details, and once we receive your reply we will call you to check everything, and make you an appointment. Please note that our call to you will show on your phone as ‘private number’ or ‘number withheld’.
Please note: the availability of appointments will be very limited. They will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in Maidenhead only, therefore, we ask that you are flexible with your date and time.
Ceremony booking form
If you would like to book a registrar for a wedding or civil partnership, please complete the form below. Please make sure you have already reserved this date with your venue, including the Guildhall. (For Maidenhead Ceremony Room weddings, the room will be booked as well as the registrars when your form is processed).
We will then check availability, call you to confirm and take full payment by debit/credit card if you wish to proceed. Please see our fees page for further information.
We are now able to take bookings up to Thursday 31 March 2022.
- Ceremony times at a venue can be on the hour or half hour.
- Ceremonies taking place in the Maidenhead Room, Town Hall are at:
Monday- Friday 10.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
Saturday 10am, 11am, 12pm.
Saturday afternoon and Sundays – available by individual request and enhanced fees.
Maidenhead Ceremony room - Current restrictions
Please note that due to social distancing restrictions and Government guidelines we are only able to accommodate six guests in the ceremony room. All children count as guests. Unfortunately at the moment your ceremony cannot contain any readings.
Please also be advised that due to current restrictions on our working practices, we are unable to offer statutory civil partnership in our Superintendent's office for the foreseeable future. If you require a civil partnership ceremony you will need to book our ceremony room.
Please note : If you complete the form below to book a new ceremony, we will contact you before 4pm on the next working day to complete the booking. Please ensure that you will be available to take calls on the telephone number you supply and have credit/debit card details to hand for payment. If we are unable to reach you, we will ask you to resubmit your form.
If you wish to move your existing wedding booking due to COVID-19, please email us directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting married/Forming a civil partnership?
Here are some simple steps to getting married in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the order in which to take them.
- Find the person you wish to marry – we can’t help you with this one!
- Decide where you would like to marry and check availability/book the venue.
This could be at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room in the Town Hall, the Windsor Guildhall or any of the approved venues on our list.
- Book the registrars to attend your wedding – a maximum of one year ahead of the marriage date. See our ceremony fees page for latest prices.
- Give legal notice of your intent to marry to the registrars in the area in which you live. You must do this at the register office for the district in which you live. Please remember you will need an appointment to do this. This must be done a minimum of one month in advance of your ceremony. If one of you is a non EU citizen please call us on 01628 796422 for further advice or consult the gov.uk website for full details.
- Fill in and return your wedding day checklist – sent to you with your confirmation pack.
- Marry the person in number 1! We can certainly help with this. Have a wonderful day!
See our brochure for more information about getting married in the Royal Borough.