Re-registration after marriage

Table of Contents

If the parents of a child subsequently get married it is necessary to re-register the child even if the child has already been given the father's surname and no matter how old the children are at the time of marriage.

The re-registration process is very straightforward and further details and the necessary forms (LA1) can be obtained from the register office. Re-registration after marriage is a legal requirement under the 1976 Legitimacy Act.

Registrars : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Registrars - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Telephone: 01628 796422