What documents and information do I need?

Table of Contents

What documents do I need?

All you need to take is the medical certificate of the stillbirth issued by the doctor or midwife present at the time (and form 16 if you need one).

Additional content block

What information will I be asked for?

The registrar will ask for the following details:


  • the forename(s) and surname, if the parents wish to name the stillborn child
  • date and place of stillbirth
  • the sex of the child


  • forename(s) and surname
  • date and place of birth
  • occupation


  • forename(s) and surname
  • maiden surname if the mother is, or has been, married
  • date and place of birth
  • occupation
  • usual address at the time of the stillbirth
  • date of marriage, if married to the stillborn child's father at the time of the stillbirth
  • number of previous children by the present husband and by any former husband.

It is very important that all the information recorded in the register is completely correct as mistakes can take quite a bit of time to put right. This is why the person registering should check the information very carefully before signing the entry.

Registrars : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Registrars - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Telephone: 01628 796422