Your ceremony booking is accepted on the following conditions:
- That no legal impediment to the marriage or civil partnership exists and all legal preliminaries are completed within the statutory time scales.
- That any foreign divorce papers are accepted by the Registrar General where applicable.
- That Home office permission to marry is granted where applicable.
Amendment fees for ceremonies
An amendment fee of £25 is payable on each occasion when there is a change to the time, date or place of the wedding.
Please note that this is in addition to any extra fees which may become payable if the couple changes the day of the wedding to a day which attracts a higher fee.
The couple may also have to give a new Notice of Marriage if they change the wedding venue.
In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your wedding you must cancel in writing and provide a copy of your payment receipt.
Please note money can only be refunded back to the card on which it was originally paid.
We strongly recommend that you take out ceremony insurance to cover losses or expenses incurred in the case of events outside our control.
For venues (excluding the Maidenhead Ceremony Room)
Refunds exclude the notice fee and are as follows:
- Between 9 and 12 months in advance of the wedding date you will receive a full refund less £100 non refundable deposit.
- Between 6 and 9 months in advance of the wedding date you will receive a 50% refund of the full amount you have paid.
- Between 3 and 6 months notice of cancellation prior to the ceremony date you will receive a 25% refund of the full amount you have paid.
- Under 3 months notice of cancellation prior to the ceremony date – there will be no refund.
Maidenhead Ceremony Room
In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your wedding within 14 days of the booking you will receive a full refund less £100 non refundable deposit, after which time there will be no refund. Please note that this excludes the notice fee, which cannot be refunded.
‘Force Majeure’ event
In the event of a "Force Majeure Event", although the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Registration Service will endeavour to perform your ceremony on your chosen day, we will not be liable for any loss incurred as a result of non-performance.
We are also not liable for any delay or loss caused by the late arrival or either you or your guests, and while we will make every effort to still conduct your ceremony, it may have to be rescheduled. The Registrars conducting your ceremony will have other ceremonies to perform on the same day, and they cannot delay the start of your ceremony if anyone, including the bride and/or groom, is late.
“Force Majeure Events” include:
- war, civil war, armed conflict, terrorist attack governmental action,
- fire, flood, severe weather conditions,
- pandemic or epidemic or any other act or matter notwithstanding the reasonable diligence and foresight of The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and its partner providers, is beyond reasonable control.
We will use your personal information for your ceremony only and at all times in accordance with the principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998, including:
- to deliver the services you request,
- to allow us to communicate effectively with you,
- to confirm your identity where needed to provide our services, where otherwise permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may not be able to provide you with a product or service unless we have enough information, or your permission to use that information.
Sharing your information
We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary, either to comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998. This includes for the purpose of the prevention and/or detection of crime, or where it is necessary to allow a third party working for or acting on behalf of the Council, to provide service. Obtaining your information Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to ask for and receive a copy of the information we hold about you.
To exercise this right please write to:
The Data Protection Officer, Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead SL6 1RF or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about your rights is available on the Information Commissioner’s website.