Applying for two year old funding

Table of Contents

To be eligible for two year old funding, you will need to meet one of the following criteria before applying:

Be in receipt of certain benefits, sometimes with a certain household income:

  • Be applying for a child who has an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP).
  • Be applying for a child who is or has been in care.

Your child could also be eligible if they are in one of the following groups:

  • Child is looked after by the local authority.
  • Child who has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
  • Child has a current Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan. 
  • Child receives Disability Living Allowance. 
  • Children of Zambrano Carers . with a household income of £15,400 or less per year after tax.
  • Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights with a household income of £15,400 or less per year after tax.
  • Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – the 1999 Act’).
  • Children assessed as being vulnerable and meeting the definition in Section 17 (s17) of the Children Act 1989 and who have No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF), with a household income of £15,400 or less per year after tax.

Additional supporting information will be required.

If you are certain that you meet the criteria for funding, please complete our online application form,

Please note: if your child is receiving Disability Living Allowance (DLA), a copy of the awarding DLA letter needs to be sent to us to prove that you are currently receiving it.  The two year old funding team will contact you should they need further supporting evidence.

If your application form is successful, you will be notified in writing and will be sent a list of approved providers. Alternatively, please see help finding a provider.

If you require a paper copy of the application form, please email us at the email address below.

Two year old funding : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Two Year Old Funding - Early Years - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF

Or via our online form:

Contact us