Support and advice for families

Raising a family can be rewarding and enjoyable time but we know there are times when extra support is needed.

Children's Centre staff, called Family Support Workers can help during these times by offering support that is tailored to your family's needs, or we can help find a service that can support you.

Each Family Support Worker has a case-load of families that they work with on a one:one basis or within groups. For families that are unable to access support within the Children's Centre, Family Support Workers can arrange to visit you at home or talk to you over the telephone.

In some instances, they may offer you a parenting programme call Parents as First Teachers (PaFT). This programme is delivered within your home or a Children's Centre and helps you understand how you child develops and learns, and how best to support them during this journey. It also provides practical support and guidance, helping you to give your child the best start in life.

Family Support Workers are happy to talk to you about any issue that may be affecting your family life and work closely with other organisations and services to help you get the right support. Such as:

  • Introducing new families to the Children's Centre
  • Supporting parents with post-natal depression
  • Supporting children with Speech and Language
  • Housing
  • Domestic abuse
  • Support for parents and children with additional needs or disabilities
  • Two year old funding
  • Support with children's behaviour
  • Benefits, budgeting and debt advice
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Strategies for home routines e.g.bedtime, meal times
  • Supporting Army families.

Making a referral

Parents can refer themselves to the Children's Centre or a professional might make a referral on your behalf. If you would like to make a referral please complete an Request for Service Early Help Part one form and submit to

Children's illnesses

Information on GastroenteritisFevers and Bronchiolitis published by the NHS  and Public Health for Scarlet Fever.

For further information on children's illnesses and what to do if you are concerned regarding a childs health either contact your GP, Health Visitor, local pharmacist or for non emergencies phone NHS 111.

If there is a serious injury or illness and a life is at risk call 999.

Children's centre : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Telephone: 01753 582564