At the end of 2018 planning was approved for 424 homes, a new office building, car parking, ground floor retail and a new vibrant public space.
Demolition has commenced on site and will take approximately six months to complete. The site covers 3.5 hectares in the town centre. Contractors McAleer and Rushe will be circulating monthly newsletters to update on progress on site.
It is expected that the first phase of buildings will be complete quarter two 2022 with the rest of the site complete quarter one 2023.
Link to latest update: http://www.enjoymaidenhead.com/events-and-offers/news.aspx
See documents below for further information.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you incur any issues with these files, please email: Gareth.Rees@wokingham.gov.uk.
Confirmation of Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) and related documents
- CPO Decision – Monday 19 July 2021.
- Confirmation notice and statement of effect of Parts 2 and 3 of the Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981.
- CPO and Order Map.
- Core documents list : 7 June 2021.
- Core document 1: Queen Street and Cullern's Passage – Compulsory purchase order and plan.
- Core document 2: CPO guidance.
- Core document 3: Statement of reasons.
- Core document 4: Planning permission reference number 18/01576.
- Core document 5: Stopping up of highways order made on 8 March 2019.
- Core document 5: Stopping up order drawing.
- Core document 6: Maidenhead Town Centre Area Action Plan (2011).
- Core document 7: Section 106 Agreement.
- Core document 8: Adopted Local Plan.
- Core document 9a: Emerging Local Plan – submission version.
- Core document 9b: Emerging Local Plan – proposed changes.
- Core document 10: National Planning Policy Framework (2019).
- Core document 11: National Planning Policy Framework (2018).
- Core document 12: Officer’s report relating to the Development provided to the Maidenhead Development Management Panel on 21 November 2018.
- Core document 13: Reserved matters cover letter.
- Core Document 13: Reserved matters application form : reference number 19/02966/REM.
- Core document 14: Certificate of lawfulness of development : reference number 20/01450/CLD.
- Core document 15: Summary contact record for 74 Queen Street.
- Core document 16: Summary contact record for 94-96 Queen Street.
- Core document 17: Equality Impact Assessment.
- Core document 18: Statement of case.
- Core document 19: Retail and Town Centre Study : (December 2015).
- Core document 20: Affordable Housing Planning Guidance : (December 2016).
- Core document 21: Tall buildings strategy : October 2019.
- Core document 22: Employment land needs : October 2019.
- Core document 23: Equality policy.
- Core document 24: Glossary of terms.
Statement and summary of evidence
- Statement of evidence: Barbara Richardson.
- Summary statement of evidence: Barbara Richardson.
- Statement of evidence: Tim Barlow.
- Summary statement of evidence: Tim Barlow.
- Statement of evidence: Philip Murphy.
- Summary statement of evidence: Philip Murphy.
- Statement of evidence: Virginia Blackman.
- Summary statement of evidence: Virginia Blackman.