The Proprietor or driver of a Hackney Carriage will display a statement of the fares (Tariff) fixed by the council to be clearly displayed in their vehicle.
None of the stated fares will apply if the hirer at the commencement of the hiring expresses their desire to engage by time.
Where a hackney carriage furnished with a taximeter is hired by distance, the driver is not entitled to demand and take a fare greater than that recorded on the face of the taximeter, except for extra charges authorised by the fares below which may not be recorded on the face of the taximeter.
The driver must use the meter for all journeys within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead. If the journey ends outside the Borough the meter must be used unless a set fare is agreed at the start of your journey.
Any complaints or other communications should be sent to:
Licensing, Town Hall,
St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF
No extra charges will be incurred for payment by debit or credit card.
6am to 11pm
Minimum fare: £6.00
- For the first 899 yards (822m) or part thereof: £3.30.
- For each additional 157 yards (142m), 36 seconds or part thereof: £0.20.
11pm to 6am and Bank Holidays (50% above the normal rate or fare)
Minimum fare: £9.00
- For the first 899 yards (822m) or part thereof: £4.95
- For each additional 157 yards (143m), 36 seconds or part thereof: £0.30.
- For each period of 36 seconds or uncompleted part thereof £0.20.
- Booking Fee for each hiring under Section 67 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976: £1.00.
- Luggage: for each package carried outside the vehicle: £0.20.
- Extra passengers: over three passengers: £1.00.
- Soiling interior of vehicle: £80.00.
- Soiling exterior of vehicle: £20.00.