A certificate of compliance from one of the council's approved garages; a compliance certificate must be no older than 28 days on the date of the issue of the licence. For vehicles over nine years of age from the date of first registration must have a certificate of compliance every six months.
Authorised compliance garages who can provide an MOT and compliance test certificate for licensing:
- Auto Care Centre, 88 Maidenhead Road Windsor SL4 5EJ, Tel: 01753 850539
- Chalvey Car Service, 28 Alexandra Road, Slough, SL1 2NQ, Tel: 01753 527223
- Deftera Motors, 59 Alma Road Windsor SL4 3HY, Tel: 01753 621757
- HT Commercial Centre, 414 Montrose Avenue, Slough, Tel: 01753 579291
- J & K Autos Ltd, Lee Lane, Maidenhead SL6 6PE, Tel: 01628 778348
- Keen and Eager Motors Engineers Ltd, Unit 2, Woodlands Business Park, Woodlands Park Road, Maidenhead SL6 3UA, Tel: 01628 828175
- Maidenhead Auto Repair Centre Ltd, Cordwallis Street, Maidenhead SL6 7BE, Tel: 01628 633331
- Six Bay, 10 Cordwallis Street, Maidenhead SL6 7BE, Tel: 01628 782818
- Thames Valley Garage Ltd, George House, 2A Bower Way, Slough SL1 5HX, Tel: 01628 666100.
- MD Motors Limited, Easden House, Petersfield Avenue, Slough, SL2 5EA, 01753 299411
- A2Z Mot Centre, 16a Canada Road, Slough, SL1 1SE, 01753 674649
Once a vehicle reaches 12 months of age, from the first date of registration, a certificate of compliance is required. A vehicle that is under 12 months from the date of registration does not require an MOT or Compliance Certificate.