Support for providers
In response to the pandemic, The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead continues to work closely with all partners across the Frimley Integrated Care System, including Berkshire Care Association, to support providers of social care to deliver the best possible care to the Borough’s residents both in care homes and in the community.
A letter was sent to Helen Whately M.P. – Minister of State for Care, Department of Health and Social Care on Friday 29 May explaining care home support in the Royal Borough.
That letter contained COVID-19 Payment and Additional Funding Guidance for Providers (dated Tuesday 5 May 2020) which has now ceased and been replaced by the Infection Control Fund.
The following local support is available to providers in the borough.
Infection Control Fund
On Wednesday 13 May 2020 the Government announced that it would make available a £600m Infection Control Fund for Adult Social Care and this was distributed to local authorities on Friday 22 May 2020. In September, the Government announced further funding until the end of March 2021.
The purpose of this fund is to support the implementation of infection control measures advised in the Care Home Support Package, particularly the restriction of movement of workers between different care settings and full payment for staff who are required to self-isolate.
Details of the allocation to the Royal Borough and local information on how Care Homes have used this additional support package within the Borough are contained in the Annex E reporting template.
Provision of emergency PPE
Where providers are unable to source PPE through their usual routes, they can access emergency stock, sourced via the Local Resilience Forum (LRF) or purchased by the Royal Borough, through an online portal PPE request form with same day contactless collection or delivery. To date, the Royal Borough has been able to fulfil all provider requests for emergency supplies. If required, the Royal Borough will support providers to register with the National Supply Disruption Response.
Other useful resources
Support for Care Homes
- Letter from Helen Whately, MP : Minister of State for Care dated Thursday 14 May 2020.
Second phase of NHS response to COVID-19
- Letter from NHS Chief Executive, Sir Simon Stephens, dated Wednesday 29 April 2020.
COVID-19 response: Primary care and community health support care home residents
- Letter from NHS England dated Friday 1 May 2020.
- Adult Social Care Action Plan : Published Wednesday 15 April 2020.
- Allocation table for the Infection Control Fund for adult social care.
- Template for local authorities care home support planning
- Adult social care guidance : GOV.UK Collection - Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) COVID-19 hub of resources.
- Hospital discharge service requirements : Published Sunday 15 March 2020.
- Admission and care of residents during COVID-19 : Incident in a Care Home first published Thursday 2 April 2020.
- How to work safely in domiciliary care : Published Thursday 30 April 2020.
- How to work safely in care homes updated on Monday 27 April 2020:
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities and autistic adults : Published Friday 24 April 2020.
- Guidance for residential care and supported living : Updated Monday 6 April 2020.
- Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people : Updated on Monday 30 March 2020.