We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Traffic Frequently Asked Questions

Streetcare Services are able to investigate, and remove if necessary, abandoned vehicles. These are vehicles which have been illegally dumped by their owners to avoid paying for their safe and proper disposal. Please complete our online form or Tel : 01628 796803 or E-mail : streetcare@rbwm.gov.uk.

Please also visit our Abandoned Vehicles web page for further information. An un-licensed vehicle is not necessarily abandoned if you wish to report a vehicle that appears to be un-licensed, the details should be sent in writing or by telephoning your nearest DVLA Local Office. For further details please visit the DirectGov reporting an abandoned vehicle web page.

This may be done anonymously the details must include: the registration mark; location of the vehicle; the make/model, colour. Wherever possible, please provide the time it can be seen on the public road and the name and address of the owner.

The information provided can then be used for further investigations by an Inquiry Officer who will make a formal sighting of the vehicle and complete a witness statement.

  1. Can I request a new road sign?
  2. Can you erect new bollards on my street?
  3. Can you remove bollards from my street?
  4. HGV lorries are using my road as a shortcut - who can I contact to find out if there is a weight limit for my road?
  5. How do I go about making a formal request for speed bumps (or any other residential speed limiting tool) to be put in a residential road?
  6. How do I report an abandoned car?
  7. How do I transport an abnormal load on the highway?
  8. I want to organise a parade?
  9. Who do I approach & how, about an urgent need for a road sign - to warn of horses using the road?
  10. Who do I contact about a request for road calming?

Contact Information:

By telephone: 01628 683800

By email: traffic@rbwm.gov.uk

By post: Traffic and Road Safety Management, RBWM, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1RF

Traffic online fix-it form.

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2015-01-15
Published: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:54:18
Author: Simon Arthur
Editor: Simon.Arthur
RDCMS ID: 17426