We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Road and Pavement Repairs

Taking the children out in the car, cycling to work or walking to the shops - when you're out and about you are one of the thousands of people who use the Royal borough's network of roads and pavements every day.

The Streetcare management team:Picture of a road repair man

  • Inspects roads and pavements to identify where work needs to be done.
  • Carries out repairs and resurfacing
  • Maintains street furniture
  • Designs and supervises minor road improvement schemes (carried out by the Council's highways contractors)
  • Takes care of emergencies, such as floods and fallen trees

The streetcare team cannot repair damage caused by work done on behalf of gas, electricity, water or telecommunications companies. However, we will report any problems to the companies concerned.

What you can do to help

Report problems on 01628 683804 or email streetcare@rbwm.gov.uk You can also use our online fix it form. If you live in a housing association estate and notice a problem there, please contact the housing association office.

You can help by not parking on the footway unless in a designated area - footway slabs crack under the weight of your vehicles and they are expensive to repair.

Trunk Roads

The 22Km of trunk roads in the Royal Borough are managed by the Highways Agency. You can contact the Highways Agency on Telephone 0300 123 5000 or email ha_info@highways.gsi.gov.uk

Department for Transport RBWM Pot Hole Fund Application

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2013-05-14
Published: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:06:21
Author: Eric Livingstone
Editor: Eric.Livingstone