We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Flooding Information Frequently Asked Questions

Where the Council provides sandbags, they become the responsibility of the person or Parish Council receiving them. The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead cannot accept responsibility for putting the bags in place or for collecting them after the flooding recedes. There is no statutory obligation on the Council to provide sandbags or other forms of flood defence; however, we will try our best to provide them where they are most needed, particularly for elderly residents, where resources and access permit.
  1. Am I at risk from flooding?
  2. How do we obtain sandbags?
  3. How do I to stay safe in a flood?
  4. I am thinking of buying a house in the Borough but Insurers are vague as to whether I can get Flood cover. Is there any information available detailing the risk of flooding in the area?
  5. What do I do when I hear a flood warning?
  6. Who is responsible for collecting sandbags once flooding recedes?
  7. What is the difference between Flood Watch and Flood Warning?

Contact Information:

By telephone: please see our Flooding Information web page for contact details.

By email: streetcare@rbwm.gov.uk

By post: Streetcare Services, RBWM, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1RF

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2008-11-24
Published: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:55:21
Author: Allison Helyer
Editor: Allison.Helyer
RDCMS ID: 17226