We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Ceremony Venues


Approved Venues

This is a list of premises in the Royal Borough licenced to conduct weddings and civil partnership ceremonies.

It is important that you check with the venue that their licence will be current at the time of your marriage.

Venue Address Telephone
Ascot Racecourse Ascot, Berkshire 0844 3463611
Berkshire College of Agriculture Hall Place, Burchetts Green, Maidenhead 01628 827470
Berystede Hotel Bagshot Road, Sunninghill, Ascot 01344 623311
Bisham Abbey Bisham, near Marlow 01628 476911
The Bull Inn Bisham High Street, Bisham 01628 484734
The Castle Hotel High Street, Windsor 01753 851011
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Moor Hall, Cookham 01628 427500
Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow Bridge, Marlow 01628 484444
Coworth Park Blacknest Road, Ascot 01344 876600
Cumberland Lodge The Great Park,Windsor, SL4 2HP 01784 497780
Ditton Manor Ditton Park Road Datchet SL3 9LL 07793758512
Elva Lodge Hotel Castle Hill, Maidenhead 01628 622948
The Edwardian Marquee Weirbank, Bray-on-Thames 01344 383563
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa Shoppenhanger's Road, Maidenhead 01628 635934
The Great Hall Monks Barn, Hurley 01628 823501
The Guildhall High Street, Windsor 01628 796422
Harte & Garter Hotel High Street, Windsor 01753 863426
Beaumont House Beaumont House, Burfield Road, Old Windsor 01753 640000
The Holiday Inn Manor Lane, Maidenhead 01628 506000
The Sanctum on the Green The Old Cricket Common, Cookham Dean 01628 482638
Lillibrooke Manor Ockwells Road, Cox Green, Maidenhead 01235 519222
Macdonald Windsor Hotel High Street, Windsor 0844 8979101
Maidenhead Ceremony Room Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead 01628 796422
The Manor Hotel The Green, Datchet 01753 543442
Monkey Island Hotel Bray-on-Thames, Maidenhead 01628 623400
Northcote House Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue, Ascot 01344 634510
Oakley Court Hotel Windsor Road, Water Oakley, Windsor 01753 609988
Royal Adelaide Hotel 44 Kings Road, Windsor 01753 863916
Royal Berkshire Hotel London Road, Sunninghill, Ascot 01344 623322
Royal Windsor Racecourse Maidenhead Road, Windsor 01753 832552
Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa Thames Street, Windsor 01753 442400
Sportsable Braywick Sports Ground, Maidenhead 01628 627690
The Waterside Inn Ferry Road, Bray-on-Thames, Maidenhead 01628 620691
The Olde Bell High Street, Hurley 01628 825881

How to Licence a Premises for a Ceremony

The licence applies to specific locations within named premises and is not transferable.

It specifies individual and identifiable room/s for the purpose of ceremonies where civil marriages may be solemnised and civil partnerships may be formed. Only rooms specified in the licence can be used for this purpose.

There is no limit to the number of rooms that may be specified. We recommend that all potential rooms are included in your application, as rooms added at a later date will incur a further charge. A licence normally runs for 3 years less one day from the date of issue and will terminate at the end of that period unless renewed or revoked. You will receive a reminder in writing advising that your licence is due to expire, 12 months prior to the date of expiry. The renewal process is the same as the initial application, the same procedures will need to be carried out.

Applications must be made by the proprietor or a trustee of premises. When made on behalf of a limited company there should be a separate statement of the names and addresses of all the directors.

An approved venue for the purpose of marriage and civil partnership must be a permanent immovable structure comprising of at least one room, or any boat or other vessel that is permanently moored. Marriages or civil partnerships cannot legally be held in the open air, in a tent, marquee or any other temporary structure.

You cannot get a licence for :

  • A garden
  • Your house unless it is made available for the public to use during the term of the 3 year licence and a "change of use certificate" has been granted from your local planning department
  • A 'one-off' ceremony.

How to apply for a license for civil ceremonies

Civil marriages and partnerships must take place in a permanent structure that is open to the public and non-religious in nature. This includes restaurants, hotels, museums, theatres, stately homes and civic halls. Marriages must take place in a designated 'ceremony room'.

For an informal discussion, or for further information, please call the Registration Service on 01628 796422 or email registrar@rbwm.gov.uk for full details. Please note there is a £25.00 charge for you if you change the name of the licence holder.

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2015-05-20
Published: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:11:20
Author: Allison Helyer
Editor: Allison.Helyer
RDCMS ID: 1228
Test Readability