We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Access to Information: Frequently Asked Questions

You have the right to request any recorded information 'held' by the Council. This can include information which is in a published format - such as leaflets or reports; information in standard 'reporting' formats - such as minutes of meetings and supporting papers; information included in letters and memoranda which pass between staff members; information within contracts and other official documents of a similar type, and information on audio tape and in e-mails. It can also include information in documents produced or published by other organisations but held by the Council (an example would be government reports), and council information held by other organisations for the council (private contractors for example). The publication sheme has been developed to aid the delivery of information to the public. You also have the right to request a copy of any information the Council holds about you.
  1. How many requests for information does the council receive?
  2. What sort of information can I request?
  3. Does a Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request (SAR) have to be made on a form and is there a charge?
  4. What about requests made face to face with staff in contact points? Do these need to be in writing?

Please contact the Information Management Team if you have any further questions or require any further advice and assistance.

Information Management Team
Town Hall
St.Ives Road
Tel : 01628 796029
E-mail: foi@rbwm.gov.uk

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2010-02-08
Published: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:43:50
Author: Jennifer Shaw
Editor: Martin.Tubbs
RDCMS ID: 7477
Test Readability