Electoral Registration and Voting: Frequently Asked Questions

You should contact the Elections Office if you have changed your name. If you change your name between November and August you will need to send a letter and proof of the new name to the Electoral Registration Officer. If you change your name just before or during the Annual Canvass, you can send us the annual Voter Registration form to update your record on the Electoral Register.
  1. I've already let my local Council know I've moved and am paying Council Tax at my new address. Can they update the electoral register for me?
  2. What is the Electoral Register?
  3. Why should I register?
  4. How do I get onto the Electoral Register?
  5. How do I know if my name is on the Electoral Register?
  6. How old do I have to be before I can register?
  7. How can I get someone removed from the Electoral Register, because they are no longer here?
  8. I have found out that I am not on the Electoral Register. Can I put my name on?
  9. What if I change my name?
  10. Where can I view our entry on the electoral register?
  11. I received a phone call from a company trying to sell me something. As I am ex-directory, I asked where they got my number from and they told me that they got it from the Electoral Register. Is this true?
  12. If my application is received after 10th August can I get on the register any earlier than 1st December.
  13. I need to get onto the Register for credit purposes. Its quite urgent, when will my name go onto the register?

Contact Information:

By post: Electoral Services, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Town Hall, St. Ives Road, Maidenhead SL6 1RF

By telephone: 01628 796400 or 796306

By email electoral.registration@rbwm.gov.uk

Online: Electoral Registration

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2010-08-19
Published: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:41:25
Author: Andrew Scott
Editor: Andrew.Scott
RDCMS ID: 15951
Test Readability