School Admissions: Frequently Asked Questions

The majority of schools within the Royal Borough are community schools. If you wish to apply to a Voluntary Aided (church school) you may need to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). These forms are available from the schools who will give you guidance on completing them. The governors of these schools look at all applications and make their decisions based on the information on both the Common Application Form (CAF) and the SIF. Some primary schools are Voluntary Controlled church schools. If you are applying to one of these schools on denominational grounds, you will need to ask your local vicar/priest to complete the relevant section of the CAF.
  1. Will I get help with transport?
  2. When will Waiting Lists be available?
  3. When should I apply for a reception place for my child?
  4. What is my designated area school?
  5. Does my child have to attend my designated area school?
  6. Will I be guaranteed a place at my designated area school?
  7. If I apply early, will my application be more successful?
  8. What if the school I want to apply for is a 'church school'?
  9. If my child already has a sibling at the school, does that automatically gain them a place?
  10. Is it important how I rank my preferences on my Common Application Form?
  11. When will I know which school my child has been allocated?
  12. What will happen if my child is refused a place at my preferred school?
  13. How were middle/secondary/ upper school places allocated this year?

If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact the School Admissions Team.

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2014-06-02
Published: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:02:20
Author: Allison Helyer
Editor: Allison.Helyer
RDCMS ID: 18097