We are changing the look and feel of our website. During this transition period you will find that some pages that you access will redirect you to the new website. Please bear with us during this period.

Benefits - Landlords Frequently Asked Questions

At this authority Housing Benefit is paid by cheque or BACS to the claimant, depending on which method the claimant chooses. If the claimant requests payment to their landlord, a landlord direct form must be completed and reasons for payments to be made direct to the landlord must be given. We must be satisfied that there are sufficient grounds for payment to be made to the landlord.

If a tenant is more than 8 weeks behind with their rent, a landlord can request all future payments to be sent to them directly. The authority can also choose to pay the landlord directly if we believe that it is in the best interest of the tenant.

Housing benefit will always be paid four weekly, in arrears.

  1. What is Housing Benefit?
  2. Who is eligible to claim Housing Benefits?
  3. How is Housing Benefit calculated?
  4. What are my responsibilities as a landlord?
  5. What is the role of the Rent Officer?
  6. How is Housing Benefit paid?
  7. What can the benefits office tell me about my tenants claim?
  8. What about the Council Tax?
  9. Landlords and Benefit Counter Fraud
  10. More information on Local Housing Allowance (LHA)?

Contact Information:

By telephone: 01628 796036

By email: benefits@rbwm.gov.uk

By post: Revenues and Benefits, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, PO Box 3464, SL6 1XP.

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2014-01-08
Published: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 15:34:02
Author: Allison Helyer
Editor: Allison.Helyer
RDCMS ID: 21445
Test Readability