Benefits - Landlords Frequently Asked Questions

Housing benefit is a national scheme to help tenants, who live on a low income, to pay their rent. Housing benefit cannot help tenants with deposits or advance rent payments.

Tenants apply for Housing Benefit at their local council by completing an application form. All answers on the form must be supported with original documentation, such as proof of identity, income, rent liability and bank statements.

  1. What is Housing Benefit?
  2. Who is eligible to claim Housing Benefits?
  3. How is Housing Benefit calculated?
  4. What are my responsibilities as a landlord?
  5. What is the role of The Rent Service?
  6. How is Housing Benefit paid?
  7. What can the benefits office tell me about my tenants claim?
  8. What about the Council Tax?
  9. Landlords and Benefit Counter Fraud
  10. I want more information on Local Housing Allowance?

Contact Information:

By telephone: 01628 796036

By email:

By post: Revenues and Benefits, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, PO Box 3464, SL6 1XP.

How do you rate this information/service?
Help - What does this mean? |
Find us on: 
RBWM on Facebook RBWM on Twitter RBWM on YouTube
Modified: 2007-12-11
Published: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:22:05
Author: Simon Arthur
Editor: Admin
RDCMS ID: 21445
Test Readability